A glass of fresh tomato juice can give you a refreshing start of the day. You may think about pressing juice right from the tomatoes or boiling the tomatoes to make easy juicing but these are not appropriate ways. Using a juicer is the finest way to extract nutrition-rich juice from any vegetables or fruits.
Getting a packet of tomato juice has never been a hard job for you but are you sure about its nutritional values and vitamin components? Making juice at home with the best juicer for tomatoes is a wise way to preserve all the necessary nutrition that your body really requires.
The benefits of using a juicer are many but for the expected result, you have to choose the perfect juicer. The following reviews on some purpose-based juicers and their features in brief will be your good companion to pick the right juicer for tomatoes.
6 Best Juicer for Tomatoes Reviews
You will find numerous juicers on the market but all of them are not the same. They have different features and by taking a close look, you will spot the differences.
Moreover, the demands of the users are also different and that is why I have listed the top 6 juicers for juicing tomatoes depending on various aspects. You can lessen your hard efforts and choose your preferred tomato juicer from the below list. Let’s have a look.
1. Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Extractor
This juicer may seem small to you but wouldn’t give you any space to complain about its performance and durability. The knife blade has been perfectly placed at the center of the machine to make sure proper juicing all the time.
The design of this juicer ensures safety first as it will never operate if the juicer cover and the safety locking arm have not been placed perfectly. The pulp container has been attached in it to hold the pulps after every operation. You can juice at a good quantity every time as the capacity of the pulp container is 1.6 quart.
The juicer has a 700-watt motor that works to provide maximum extraction with the speed of 14,000 RPM. You will hardly get any other appliance for juicing tomatoes with a better speed than this one.
A whole tomato can easily fit in the large 3-inch feed chute. In rare cases, you might have to cut your juicing items. This juicer has heavy grade polymer body and stainless steel made cutting discs. Also, the cleaning is effortless and you will prefer this best tomato juice extractor over other selections.
- Fast and smooth juicing.
- It can be operated easily.
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleaning.
- 3-inch feed chute tube.
- Compact and stylish design.
- It may create a little bit noise during juicing.
2. Omega NC900HDC Extractor and Nutrition Center Juicer
If you are looking for a top-notch quality masticating juicer, then the Omega NC900HDC can be the perfect choice for you. Besides tomatoes, you can also juice other vegetables and fruits with it.
The augur design of this masticating juicer is so efficient that it will take out every drop of juice from the tomatoes. So, it does not matter you are going for a single or a bunch of tomatoes, higher yield is always a guarantee with this best tomato juicer.
It holds low 80 RPMs to ensure slow juicing all the time. A slow speed juicer offers so many benefits that are not possible from centrifugal juicers. It does extract all the necessary elements and minerals from tomatoes to serve you a glass of quality juice in a short time.
Moreover, there will be a minimal heat build-up and oxidation rate. The juicer features a dual-stage masticating system and the 2-HP motor is a promising one to serve you for a long time.
One significant feature of this juicer is adjustable end cap that contains 5 settings for maximum yields output. Its auto pulp ejection makes it more user-friendly. You can use this multipurpose juicer for making frozen desserts and baby food, grinding spices and coffee, and mincing garlic and herbs.
- A slow juicer with 80 RPM.
- Quality extraction all the time.
- Automatic pulp ejection process.
- Large chute lessens prep-time.
- Reverse function activated.
- Large surface is needed for the juicer’s large size.
3. OMRA Spremy Tomato Strainer 1/4 HP – Best for canning tomato juice
The OMRA Spremystrainer is specially designed for juicing tomatoes. It separates the seeds and skin properly to give you smooth juices without any pulp or solid objects. If you want, you can also make apple sauce with it.
Fresh or boiled, this strainer has the settings to prepare juices from any form. The feed chute is perfectly designed to swallow soft or hard objects in a large quantity. As the chute is wide, there is no need to cut the tomatoes into pieces. With all these facilities, this appliance can be chosen as the best electric tomato juicer for canning.
The quality materials make this juicer quite sturdy for long usage. It works fast and produces more juice in a short time. Regarding health issues, there is nothing to bother as the augur is made of food-grade nylon with stainless steel hopper.
The spinning rate of its augur is 110 RPM. This is a masticating style juicer that preserves all the healthy components intact.
- Separates skin and seeds perfectly.
- The extraction rate is 330 pounds per hour.
- Stainless steel made hopper.
- Works at 110 RPM.
- Cooling fan installed.
- The cleaning process is slightly complicated.
4. Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Juicer
Tribest has the reputation to manufacture world-class appliances and the GSE-5050 Greenstar is one of those best quality juicers that proudly work for many health enthusiasts. Its sturdy and efficient construction turns it into a quality food processor as well as a tomato juicer.
This masticating juicer has a stainless-steel twin gear system. At the first stage, there are teeth to cut down hard ingredients. Then the cutting points help to extract juice from the tomatoes properly. The juicer produces seed and skin free tomato juice every time.
This Greenstar is equipped with magnetic and bio-ceramic technology to make sure healthy nutrition is preserved perfectly. To prevent clogging, pressure adjustment feature has been installed in the elite gold masticating juicer. After juicing, you can preserve it for at least 72 hours.
Regarding durability, it comes with a 12-year warranty period that confirms a long-time satisfying service in your kitchen. Though it is pricey, investment for this juicer will not disappoint you.
- Twin-gear technology (110 RPM).
- Featured an automatic pulp ejection process.
- Designed to last for longer.
- Easy cleaning process.
- Jamming or clogging free.
- Not affordable for many users.
5. Deluxe Electric Tomato Strainer
For juicing tomatoes, this electric tomato juicer machine can be a convenient appliance. If you are not fond of a particular brand, then you can bring it without any indecision.
The skin and the seeds are the toughest part of tomatoes that needs effort and quality mechanism for proper grinding. With this electric tomato strainer, you will receive smooth and fresh juice each time. There is no need for manual separation of the juice and the pulps.
To keep the consistency of the juicing procedure, there are 3 straining screens. For this, there will be no overflow or slow-flowing at any stage of the complete juicing process.
Once you put the tomatoes in the swallowing bowl, it will be smooth juicing all the time. There will be no issues like pouring over and over.
- Can produce one-gallon juice each time.
- The stomper confirms safety.
- No trace of skin, seeds, and pulps in the juice.
- Consistent juicing speed.
- Few complaints about its cleaning process.
6. Roots & Branches VKP250 Apple Sauce Maker
Making juice and sauce from tomato is no more a hassle if you bring Roots & Branches VKP250 sauce maker in your home. It can ease the home-made tasks like preparing apple or tomato juice. It has a large hopper and pusher to make the juicing easy and simple.
The cast aluminum body and high-quality plastic gives it a sturdy construction. It is small in size but has an elegant look. Though it is a manual sauce maker, it can serve you great while spending very little amount. For a small space, it could be an excellent choice.
Its stainless steel made screen prevents rust and keep the juicer’s performance always top. Quality tomato juice output is always sure from this juicer. The screen installation process is very easy that you do not have to read the manual at all.
To achieve a proper base, there is a clamp at the bottom of it. You can set this sauce maker anywhere you want using the clamp. There is no chance of misplacing or discharging during the juicing.
- Stainless steel made screens that are easy to install.
- Wide clamping surface (10 square inches).
- Electric and manual – both options are available.
- Both tomato and apple sauce can be made.
- The clamp option is not a favorable one for some users.
Health Benefits of Tomato Juices
Tomato is the finest vegetable that is rich in several protein properties. You can add it to your diet as it has vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help to prevent several illnesses such as heart attacks. It also takes great care of your skin and overall appearance.
As tomato stimulates metabolism and subdues hunger, developing the habit of taking tomato juice can offer you weight loss advantage.
Consuming tomatoes regularly averts blood clotting, boosts eye health, and reduces cholesterol level. It is great as after-workout drink and a glass of fresh tomato juice in the morning will give you energy and strength for the whole way ahead.
How to Make Tomato Juice with a Juicer?
The health benefits of tomatoes are numerous and juicing is the most preferable way to consume the maximum nutrition from them. Using a juicer, you can easily prepare tomato juice and for that, you will need to go through the following steps.
- According to the size of your juicer feed tube, take some tomatoes and cut them in halves if necessary. Now wash and remove seeds from them.
- When the seed removing is done, chop the slices into small pieces.
- If you want, you can add other vegetables such as celery, carrot, etc. Tomato will help to increase the taste of the mix.
- Now plug your juicer and turn it on. Before putting the juicing ingredient, it is suggested to run the juicer for at least 10 seconds.
- Take your juicer and one by one place the tomatoes into your juicing chute. Push the plunger to allow the tomatoes a smooth going.
- Now turn on your juicer and wait. Smooth and fresh tomato juices will be collected into the juice container. And the pulp will be separated in another container.
- After the juicing is done, take the juice in a glass and serve. With most of the tomato juicers, there is no need for any manual work.
- You should clean the juicer after juicing each time. Many dishwasher safe juicers are easy to clean. For some other juicers, you have to carefully wash them by spending a little bit more time.
Juicing tomatoes will never be a hard job to you. So, follow the steps and start your tomato juicing.
How to Improve the Taste of Tomato Juice?
The mildly bitter flavor of pure tomato juice might seem unpalatable to you. But you can make a better taste by adding some other ingredients. If it is too salty then adding some sugar or sugar substitutes will decrease the salinity.
You can also add hot sauce or some other spices if you like the spicy flavor. Fruits and vegetables like carrots, celery, cucumber, and apples are ideal add-ons with your tomato juices.
Before applying all these ingredients, you must know how much to add. An improper addition may ruin the taste as well as the health values of your tomato juices. It is recommended to add an ingredient in small amount and taste, when you think that is fine to you, stop adding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Except tomatoes, can these juicers also process other items?
Only a few juicers or strainers are dedicated to juicing tomatoes only. So, you will find a lot of juicers that can process other items as well. Most of the above-mentioned juicers are multipurpose and can help you to juice many different ingredients. However, it is good to know the versatility of a juicer before buying.
2) After juicing tomatoes, how long the nutritional value will stay intact?
The best is to drink the juice right after juicing but if you want to preserve, then there will be no loss of nutritional value till 72 hours.
3) Is there any juicer that produces no froth?
Most of the juicers grow froth while juicing; less or more. Perhaps you can use a strainer before pouring the juice into the bowl. For removing the froth, a gravy separator might come handy.
4) What is the best juicer to produce more yields with maximum nutrition?
My suggestion is to go for a juicer that has a twin-gear system installed in it. The mechanism of twin-gear helps to catch maximum yields and a higher quantity of nutrition. And of course, go for a masticating juicer for more nutrition intact in the yield.
5) How to clean my tomato juicer safely?
Going for a hand wash is the safest way to wash or clean your juicer. Especially the motor base should never be under running water. You can use a sponge to clean the strainer and the body but smooth wipe-out is the best way.
Tomato juice is an excellent way to start your healthy diet, and for keeping your family in the proper nutritional care. The preferable process for obtaining maximum from tomatoes is to juice them and add some ingredients with it for better taste and enhanced quality.
To juice tomatoes ideally, I mostly like Breville BJE200XL compact juice extractor. This juicer comes with a complete package of features and you can effectively extract tomatoes and other ingredients with it.
This article has reviewed other juicers as well that are versatile but their priority is juicing tomatoes. Therefore, you can easily choose the best juicer for tomatoes considering all the facts and features, selecting any of them will be certainly a valuable investment.